Name: Taekwon Tigers
Date of birth: 1/26, 2016
Mon & Dad’s Date of birth :
Training start date:
Instructors’ name: HyeJin Jung
Club (Dojang) address: Taekwon Tigers 2741 Middlefield Rd. Palo Alto 94306
Club (Dojang) contact telephone No: 650-521-0678
TEST PREPARATION: CURRENT BLUE BELTS
What are the meanings of the belt colors?
Blue : Composed(to be Calm)
What is your name of the form?
How many movements does it have?
1. Q: Where did the philosophy of Taekwondo originally come from?
A: From the Hwarang code of conduct – the strict discipline upheld by the elite warriors of Silla Dynasty of ancient Korea about 1500 years ago, Sir!
2. Q: In which Olympics did Taekwondo become an official sport?
A: At the Sydney Olympics in the year 2000, Sir!
3. Q: What is a POOR student?
A: A poor student is lazy and simply expects results without hard work, Sir!
4. Q: What is a GOOD student?
A: A good student has the desire to learn and to achieve goals, Sir!
5. Q: What is an EXCELLENT student?
A: An EXCELLENT STUDENT always works hard, learns from mistakes, practices at home, and shows self-control at dojang, school, and home, Sir!
FOR STUDENTS 9 AND OLDER (Study all questions from 1 – 12)
7. Q: How is a poomsae performance graded?
A: A poomsae performance is graded based on accuracy and presentation. Accuracy measures one’s ability to perform each movement as standardized by Kukkiwon. Presentation measures one’s mastery and expression, Sir!
8. Q: What is second nature and how does it apply to your training?
A: When a technique is practiced repeated over many years, and when it cany be applied without thinking, the it is considered a second nature, Sir!
9. Q: What is a GOOD STUDENT?
A: A GOOD STUDENT has the desire to learn and to achieve goals, Sir!
10. Q: What is the meaning of the Taeguk symbol of the Korean flag?
A: The harmony of energy of the universe. The red half signifies the positive energy and the blue half signifies the negative energy, Sir!
11. Q: What are the Tenets of Tae Kwon Do?
A: Courtesy (Yae-Yi), Integrity (Yom-Chi),Perseverance (In-Nae), Self-Control (Geuk-ki), Indomitable spirit (Bool-Gul-Ui-Jung-Shin), Victory (Seung-Ri), Sir!
12: Q: How do you say “hook kick” in Korean?
A: Hooryo-Cha-Gi, Sir!