Name: Taekwon Tigers
Date of birth: 1/26, 2016
Mon & Dad’s Date of birth :
Training start date:
Instructors’ name: HyeJin Jung
Club (Dojang) address: Taekwon Tigers 2741 Middlefield Rd. Palo Alto 94306
Club (Dojang) contact telephone No: 650-521-0678
TEST PREPARATION: CURRENT PURPLE BELTS
What is your name of the form?
How many movements does it have?
1. Q: What are the names of three kingdoms of Korea 2000 years ago?
A: Koh-gu-ryo, Baek-jeh, and Silla, Sir!
2. Q: What were ancient martial arts of Korea?
A: Subak and Tae-kyon were two main ancient martial arts of Korea that became the roots of modern Taekwondo, Sir!
3. Q: What are the Tenets of Taekwondo?
A: Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit, and Victory, Sir!
FOR STUDENTS 9 AND OLDER (Study all questions 1 – 7)
5. Q: What is the student creed of Taekwondo?
1) Build true confidence through knowledge of the mind, honesty in the heart, and strength in the body.
2) Keep friendship with one another and build a strong and happy community.
3) Never fight to achieve selfish ends, but develop might for right.
6. Q: What is the definition of the tenets?
- Courtesy (Yae-Yi)- Be polite and show respect. Distinguish the instructor from the student, the senior from junior, and elders.
- Integrity (Yom-chi)- One must have the ability to distinguish right from wrong and have the conscience to feel guilt.
- Self-Control (Geuk-ki)- Self-Control is important inside the Dojang, especially when free sparring and conducting one’s personal affairs.
- Perseverance (In-Nae)- Set a goal and achieve it regardless of the difficulty.
- Indomitable Spirit (Bool-Gul-Yi-Jung-Shin)- You must have courage even when pitted against overwhelming odds.
- Victory (Seung-Ri)- Victory means to win, but not necessarily over another person. One can achieve victory by conquering owns own inabilities.
7. Q: How do you say “back spinning kick” in Korean?